For better or for worse

Friday 22 October 2010
Straight to the point/question:

Does working with your partner in the same industry or line of business affect your relationship in a good or bad way?

Hmm..something to ponder about. I always did wonder about this. There's the pros and cons.

Work together

Pro- Working with your partner in the same line of business is a good thing and might help your relationship flourish because you both are on the same page and you will understand what each other is talking about. Plus all that time spent together will bring you closer.

Con- You see each other in the office, then see each other when you go home. It might just get too much for each other. Plus if work takes over the relationship, you might find yourself talking about nothing but work work work...and not knowing what else to talk about after that. Plus what if there's competitiveness? Or feeling looked-down if your partner happens to hold a higher position?

Work apart
Pro- Appreciating your partner more after coming home from a long day of work and not seeing each other. Being able to entertain each other with stories from each respective workplace. Not letting anything regarding work creep too much into the relationship, leaving it as what it is: a romantic relationship between 2 individuals. Being able to talk about other things besides work to cheer each other up.

Con- Getting frustrated at not being on the same page as each other and not understanding what each has gone through in the work place. Feeling that you both are 2 worlds apart, making it hard to get along.

I guess this is purely individual. Personally, I would quite prefer working in a different line from your partner. I don't see why work has to be the thing that binds the relationship.
I wouldn't mind working with my partner, but not to the extent where problems from the workplace are brought home and not dealt with at the work place.
Mixing work with your personal life is not a wise thing, as what I learnt. It could tear each other apart and ruin the relationship.

Confusing. Let's see what the future holds, seeing how neither of us works.
Of course, in the deepest depth of my heart, I hope, pray and wish that my relationship will always remain loving and unchanged through the test of time. I really want to be with this person for life. ANG ENG HUAT


And trust me when I say that I have bear witness to what is written in the article enough to say that indeed one couple mentioned in it is still so in love like a bunch of lovesick teenagers despite the years of marriage. And I sincerely hope for that to last forevermore.

Happy loving out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment